Missing juvenile found safe by Alaska State Troopers
Published: Jan. 28, 2021 at 5:02 PM AKST
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (KTVF) -A missing juvenile has been found safe and in good health.
Jonathan Nakarak, 17, was found Wednesday, January 27th, after an anonymous tipster notified the Alaska State Troopers that he was staying in Salcha. Officials say the tipster recognized Nakarak from local media coverage regarding missing person cases.
Nakarak did not report any suspicious or concerning circumstances to law enforcement.
He originally went missing in May of 2020.
According to the Troopers and the Fairbanks Police Department databases, since August of 2020, seven people are still currently missing:
- 8/17/20 Frank Minano, 69, went missing near Nenana. His truck was found abandoned near the Old Nenana Highway; extensive searches did not locate Minano.
- 8/17/20 John McCelland, 61, went missing, his travel direction unknown.
- 8/20/20 Debbie Nictune, 59, was last seen at the Northward Apartment building on Noble Street.
- 8/28/20 Doren Sanford, 35, was visiting Fairbanks in search of his dog when he mysteriously disappeared.
- 11/13/20 Willis Derendoff, 34, was visiting from Huslia, staying at the Extended Stay Hotel, and later went missing.
- 1/9/21 Steven Hjelm, 54, was last seen leaving his sister’s house on 16th Avenue, walking towards a corner store on South Cushman.
- 1/10/21 Brandy Haferman, 30, was reported missing after her family had not heard from her since late 2019; police last saw her in May 2020.
Copyright 2021 KTVF. All rights reserved.