No Fatalities during Fourth of July Anti-DUI Campaign
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (KTVF) - The results are in from the Department of Public Safety.
During the Fourth of July Weekend, Alaskan highways saw an increase of patrol officers for the annual “National Anti-DUI campaign.”
The 5 Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over High Visibility Enforcement Effort” statistics show:
- 3 misdemeanor DUI arrests, 0 felony DUI Arrests.
- 7 drivers charged with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- 8 REDDIs reported with 5 drivers contacted and ultimately determined not to be DUI.
- 19 damage-only collisions, 4 injury collisions, and 0 fatal collisions investigated by troopers.
- Of the 288 citations issued, 206 were issued for speeding and 4 issued for seatbelt or other occupant restraint violations.
Copyright 2022 KTVF. All rights reserved.