19-year old North Pole resident dies in house fire
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (KTVF) - The North Star Volunteer Fire Department received report of a residential structure fire in North Pole on Tuesday, Nov. 8 at proximately 12:55 p.m.
While fire fighters were putting out the fire, crews located an unresponsive female on the second story of the dwelling. She was taken to a local area hospital where she was declared deceased. The victim has been identified as 19-year-old Jenna Inman, from North Pole.
Her next of kin has been notified and her remains have been transported to the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Anchorage.
An investigation conducted by a Deputy State Fire Marshal has determined the source of the fire was located at the rear of the structure adjacent to a chicken coop where heat lamps were used to keep the chicken coop warm.
The fire has been classified as accidental, according to the dispatch report.
Copyright 2022 KTVF. All rights reserved.