Alaska Waste - Shop Supervisor
Job Title: Shop Supervisor
Employee Type: Employee
Requisition Primary Location:
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Waste Connections is seeking a Shop Supervisor to join our hauling operation in Fairbanks, AK.
• Ensures adherence to the corporate safety program.
• Fosters collaboration between and among personnel.
• Coordinates the selling of commodities at the highest price possible.
• Ensure adequate training of mechanics, preventative maintenance mechanics.
• Ensure location is in compliance with all regulatory agencies and statutes.
• Responsible for the control of inventory and maintenance of equipment.
• Trains and assists Mechanics on methods for diagnosing and repairing vehicles and equipment.
• Schedules or assigns work to Mechanics, PM Mechanics or other Maintenance Shop personnel.
• Coordinates and/or transports vehicles to outside service for repairs, as needed.
• Tests vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or tests repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
• Prepares purchase orders and researches best prices on parts or repairs from vendors.
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
• Communicates regularly with the Region Maintenance Manager.
• Assists in monthly financial projections and annual budget.
• Responsible for maintaining department’s costs within budget
Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have ability to plan, budget, schedule, and supervise multiple projects from concept to completion.
• Must have excellent working knowledge of DOT compliance requirements.
• Must have ability to motivate staff to meet corp., region, division, and district objectives.
• Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills and ability to achieve cost effective solutions.
• 5+ years maintenance experience in truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair. Waste industry experience desired.
• Ability to train and motivate staff a must.
• Knowledge of air brake, hydraulic and electrical systems.
• Trade or Technical School Certificate preferred. High School or Equivalent required.
• Holds or ability to certify for CDL within 90 days of start date.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at
Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)