Radon Workshop To Educate Homeowners On Gas Danger

Published: Feb. 5, 2018 at 8:24 PM AKST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

On Tuesday, February 6th, the U-A-F Cooperative Extension Service, in cooperation with the American Lung Association in Alaska, will hold a workshop at the North Pole Library from 6 to 8 P-M.

The session will focus on how to test for and curb radon gas being emitted through the geology of the interior.

Radon is a naturally occurring gas resulting from the breakdown of uranium.

Although the radioactivity is slight, exposure over time could lead to complications, such as lung cancer.

Energy Specialist, Art Nash, says the only way to know if a home has radon seepage is to perform at-home or professional tests.

Arthur Nash; UAF Coop. Ext. Service, Energy Specialist >> "So because radon gas is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, the only way that you'll know if you have radon gas in your home, is to test. You can usually get a test which you've employed yourself and into the lab with results coming back for roughly twenty to thirty-five dollars depending on the kit. Tests are not onerous, and they could be the difference between contracting lung cancer, or not."

Latest News

Latest News