Alaska Fish and Game releases guidelines for Spring hunting seasons
The Alaska Department of Fish and Game (ADF&G) released guidelines for the upcoming Spring hunting seasons. Despite Health Mandate 12 stating that intra-state travel is mostly prohibited, ADF&G says that hunting seasons are a go with their own guidelines.
"What I think we would want to say is to get out and enjoy the resource that you own, but let's keep these health mandates in mind to keep Alaskans safe." said ADF&G Special Assistant Rick Green.
Here are the guidelines from ADF&G:
1) Try to find the resource you intend to pursue as close to your home residence as possible.
2) Before you leave, find and understand the local mandates in communities through which you plan to travel. You must abide by them.
3) Totally provision your trip from your community of origin. Don’t plan on buying food, drinks, or even fuel if possible, after you begin your trip and until you return home.
4) Wear face coverings as suggested in Health Alert 10 (issued April 3).
5) You are required to practice social distancing mandates with anyone not in your immediate household, including while traveling to and from your community to your hunting location. Avoid interacting with residents of communities through which you travel.