Mariners vs. Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
Julio Rodriguez will try to get his 100th RBI of the year (he has 99) when his Seattle Mariners (82-68) square off against the Oakland Athletics (46-104) at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Mariners will give the nod to Luis Castillo (13-7, 3.13 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 14 on the season, and the Athletics will counter with Paul Blackburn (4-5, 4.33 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Mariners vs. Athletics Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 9:40 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CA
- Location: Oakland, California
- Venue: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Castillo - SEA (13-7, 3.13 ERA) vs Blackburn - OAK (4-5, 4.33 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Mariners Injury Report|
|Mariners vs Athletics Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mariners vs Athletics Prediction|
|How to Watch Mariners vs Athletics|
|Mariners vs Athletics Odds|
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Luis Castillo
- The Mariners will send Castillo (13-7) to the mound for his 31st start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in six innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 30 games this season with an ERA of 3.13, a 4.23 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.048.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Castillo has pitched five or more innings in 30 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has made 30 appearances and finished nine of them without allowing an earned run.
Luis Castillo vs. Athletics
- The Athletics rank 30th in MLB with a .223 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 30th in the league (.371) and 160 home runs.
- The Athletics have gone 4-for-22 with a double in one game against the right-hander this season.
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Paul Blackburn
- The Athletics are sending Blackburn (4-5) to make his 19th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 4.33 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 95 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander went three innings against the Houston Astros, giving up four earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.33, with 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 19 games this season. Opposing batters have a .292 batting average against him.
- Blackburn is looking to pick up his sixth quality start of the season.
- Blackburn heads into this matchup with 15 outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- In three of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.